Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My first and (hopefully) last despair blog...

To say that it has been a difficult week would be an understatement. I feel like I  keep being hit with one thing after another, and I can't seem to move forward or get anything done.

I would like to share that last Monday my father passed away. We did not have a typical relationship, and have been estranged for many years, so I have been sorting through some difficult emotions. I haven't been sleeping well; but for the past few days, I have been better about not thinking about it all the time.

When I met with Dr. Zamora about my thesis project last week, she advised that I concentrate on gathering information and reading, and to save the writing/ proposal development for later. I agree. So I spent some time this past week looking into possible sources, printing articles, and highlighting.

I was feeling more optimistic about making progress, but yesterday I was hit with more bad news (not nearly as bad, but still.. at this point, I really can't take anymore stress). The Independent Study that I needed this semester in order to meet the credit requirement for my Grad Assistantship was denied. Twice.

I don't really know what my options are at this point... It's almost October. And I already denied my student loan at the beginning of the semester. Can you even get a student loan with only 6 credits?

Anyway, I'm going to end my despair blog. I need to think about what I can do to possibly resolve this situation. And then hopefully I can get back to thinking about research.
    



No comments:

Post a Comment